Forum Discription: Anything relevant to the IFGS at a Society level
URL: http://forum.ifgs.org/forum_posts.asp?TID=2407
Printed Date: 24 June 2019 at 6:50pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.64 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Brain-jammer #12 (Diviner)
Posted By: whaddon
Subject: Brain-jammer #12 (Diviner)
Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:35am
Even though I don't think we really sucked the marrow out of Commander (Spencer, you wanted Commander... drop some ideas!), we'll move on to a tricky one: Diviner.  Diviner is a magic-user specialization that specializes in lore, but not just Major Lore, People Lore, Strange Smells Lore, but lore that supports the main function of the MU.... blowing s&^t up.

Scrye Weakness (6th):  Individual target.  The spell gives the mage the creature's greatest weakness (as if it were a Wathit) and allows the MU to do additional damage to the target with each spell.  The additional damage is equal to one increment of the spell (i.e. Branding would do 1 more, Dead-Eye 2 more, Strike 3 more, Bolt 4 more).
Discern Elemental Vulnerability (6th):  Area of Effect 30' radius hemisphere.  The GM will tell the MU if any creatures in the area of effect have vulnerability to a particular elemental damage type and, if so, what element they are vulnerable to.
Find the Vibration (9th):  Individual target.  The diviner determines the exact phase-frequency of a single creature and uses it to his advantage. The target is given a curse at the level of the casting MU.  As long as the target is cursed, it is pushed slightly out-of-phase with the MU, and treats the MU as if he were phased out.

OK.... go.

-------------
If IFGS could just get rid of the games so it could focus on sustaining its own bureaucracy... we would finally be living the Dream.

Replies:
Posted By: Malrubius
Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:51am
Strange Smells Lore: 6th: The caster will gain all applicable info about any strange smells described in game copy. Including the location/direction of the source, if the source is a creature, and if the smells will cause any game effects as well as what those effects are.

Done. : |

-------------
Hobbes: "What kind of nut would *care* about all this?"Calvin: "*EVERYONE!* This is hard data! It lets you quantify your enjoyment!"

Posted By: wader
Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:10am
oops sorry if rushed ya 

must think of diviner, hmmmmm

Posted By: Seth
Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:13pm
Take spell point cost of savvy down to zero?  Would save some spell points for the blowing up of stuff.  

-------------
I also have characters! They have classes and levels.

Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:30pm
Seth - yeah, that will happen too.  I hadn't been thinking 0 cost all the time, I'd been thinking that he gets a number of free savvy's or enhanced savvies.

-------------
If IFGS could just get rid of the games so it could focus on sustaining its own bureaucracy... we would finally be living the Dream.

Date Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by whaddon

Seth - yeah, that will happen too.  I hadn't been thinking 0 cost all the time, I'd been thinking that he gets a number of free savvy's or enhanced savvies.

Level per day in free enhanced (since they'll be 6th already) or something would work I think.

or maybe Know Item: 7th: for a cost of one spell point the caster will be given all the magical properties of a given magical item.

-------------
Hobbes: "What kind of nut would *care* about all this?"Calvin: "*EVERYONE!* This is hard data! It lets you quantify your enjoyment!"

Date Posted: 07 September 2012 at 1:01pm
And then:
KNOW item:  Acts as an enthrall spell vs inanimate objects, stirring feelings of desire and increased intimacy within that item.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 September 2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by whaddon

And then:
KNOW item:  Acts as an enthrall spell vs inanimate objects, stirring feelings of desire and increased intimacy within that item.

I like where this is going.....

-------------

Posted By: Balance
Date Posted: 10 September 2012 at 11:19am
I can't quite put my finger on it, but something tells me the Diviner is not being taken terribly seriously. Tongue

Let's give the Diviner some personal protection, shall we? A bit of a Jedi touch:

Forerunner (8th): While this spell is active, the Diviner possesses a limited form of precognition, revealing a single future threat. The Diviner may use this foreknowledge to completely avoid one melee attack, including Backstab, missile attack, or area of effect spell, but not a single-target spell. This effect lasts for one game day or until used.

Date Posted: 10 September 2012 at 9:14pm
Nice one!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.64 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com