IFGS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Society Discussion > Society Board Discussion
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Society Board Meeting 6-12-18

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
Janice Gott View Drop Down
Society Clerk
Society Clerk
Avatar
Society Clerk

Joined: 05 January 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Post Options Post Options   Quote Janice Gott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Society Board Meeting 6-12-18
    Posted: 08 June 2018 at 10:52am

Agenda for the Society Board Meeting 6/12/18


The IFGS Society Board Meeting is set for Tuesday, June 12th, 2018. Times for the meeting are 5:00 pm Pacific, 6:00 pm Mountain, 7:00 pm Central, and 8:00 pm Eastern.  Please submit any proposed agenda items in advance if possible. Board members must address any notice of proxy assignments to Board@ifgs.org prior to the start of the meeting. Only one proxy will be allowed per director per meeting.


The Board consists of John Jones (P),
Sarah Gibson (VP), Pat McGehearty, Brad Evenson, Olan Knight, Hugh Greene and David Spence.

 

Agenda Items:

 

Standing Business:

Approval of last meeting’s minutes 5/9/18

Report from FRC

Report from SSC

Report from Registry Chair

Report from Tech Committee

Report from General Promotions Committee

Report from Society Constitutional Review Task Force

Chapter Liaison Updates

 

Continuing Business:

Safety Officer, Safety Committee Appointment - Evenson

SciFi Rules Committee

 

New Business:

Ohio River Valley application for Provisional Chapter - Gott

Closed Session Request - Spence

                                                   

Meeting Dial-In:  Discord Account: IFGS #Society Board voice channel

 

    ******************************************************************

          The fledgling Ohio River Valley Chapter has held an organizational meeting on June 3rd and has 10 members (check with Janice to be sure all are paid), and elected an initial slate of officers. They would like to:

 

a.) Petition Society for Provisional Status as the Ohio River Valley (ORV) Chapter.

 

b.) Petition Society for allowing the following two changes to the Standard Chapter Constitution for your chapter:

1.    Add to By-Laws Article III: Standing Committees: 6.) Safety Committee:  The Safety Chair must have the additional qualification of a current CPR/First Aid certification.

2.   Add to Constitution Article VII: Section 2: Method of Voting: For those members who attend meetings from a distance, SurveyMonkey (or similar service) shall be used and email loaded in advance to be sure only members vote.

 

      ******************************************************

CHAPTER LIAISONS

Dallas – Evenson

Denver/Boulder – Spence

Norman - Spence

Pacific Northwest – Jones

Northern Alabama - Gibson

 

Provisionals:

Central Ohio - Spence

Greater Milwaukee – Greene

 

   ******************************************************

Completed Tasks

Society-level electronic voting - Completed

Society Waiver Forms - Completed

Stoplight Policy – Completed

Milestone & Karma Awards - Completed

Business Cards – Available on Vistaprint

Updating Society Website to WordPress - Completed

 

In Process Tasks

Updating Governing Documents – In process with Society Task Force

Updated Committee Charters – In process with Society Task Force

 

On Hold

Character Creation System

Expand and Revise Wiki (Possibly incorporating online rules.) –

 

Not Started

Updating GW Handbook–

Streamlining the payment processes between Society and Chapters –

Treasury Tracking –

Shared Calendar on Website –

Creation of a Treasury Handbook –

Membership Tracking –

Link Exchanges –

Research for 8.0 Rules Set –

 

   ********************

Society Board Members

John Jones (TX) (2019) [Pres]

Sarah Gibson (TX) (2020) [VP]

Pat McGehearty (TX) (2020)

Brad Evenson (CO) (2020)

Olan Knight (TX) (2019)

Hugh Greene (AL) (2019)

David Spence (TX) (2019)

 

   ********************

Fantasy Rules Committee (FRC)

David Spence (TX) (2019) [Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO) (2019)

Hugh Greene (TX) (2019)

Seth Bush (TX) (2020)

David Gibson (TX) (2020)

Michael Englerth (CO) (2020)

Henry Wood (TX) (2020)

Joshua Harris (TX) (2019) ad hoc temporary

 

Society Sanctioning Committee (SSC)

John Jones (TX) (2018) [Chair]

Seth Bush (TX) (2019)

Olan Knight (TX) (2018)

Kaaren Davis (CO) (2019)

Melanie Greene (AL) (2019)

 

General Promotions Committee (SGP)

Sarah Gibson [Chair]

Jason Dziuk (2015)

open (2014)

open (2014)

 

Publications Committee

Members all informal appointments -

 

Elections Committee

Chris Seals [Chair]

Jason Dziuk

Janice Gott

 

Registry Chair

Olan Knight (TX)

 

Tech Committee

Brett Paul (CO) [Interim Chair]

Robert Armbruster (TX)

Bethany Vann (OK) (2016)

Sarah Gibson (TX)

Open (2015)

Open (2016)

 

Constitutional Review Task Force

Hugh Greene (AL) [Chair]

Brad Evenson

Ray Michel

Chris Seals

 

 

 

Janice
Back to Top
Janice Gott View Drop Down
Society Clerk
Society Clerk
Avatar
Society Clerk

Joined: 05 January 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Post Options Post Options   Quote Janice Gott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 10:53pm

IFGS BOARD MEETING MINUTES

6/12/18

Draft for Release

Wherein the FRC is continuing work on the Movement Monk specialty and is taking a new look at Fighter abilities. Central Ohio Provisional Chapter has started running games. Brad Evenson is the new Society Safety Officer. The Ohio River Valley Provisional Chapter was established, with Olan Knight as their Society Board liaison.

The 6/12/18 Society Board Meeting was called to order at 8:11 p.m. Eastern Time, via Discord. Present were Board Members John Jones, Brad Evenson, Pat McGehearty, David Spence and Sarah Gibson. Hugh Greene was late, along with Melanie Greene from the Northern Alabama Chapter. Olan Knight was late, temporary proxy to David Spence. Society Clerk Janice Gott was also present. Hope Fountain and Shelly Ralston from the incipient Ohio River Valley Chapter were present.

 

STANDING BUSINESS:

 

MINUTES: MOTION: To approve the minutes of the 5/18/18 Board Meeting (Spence, Gibson, by acclaim).

 

FRC REPORT: The FRC is in the final stages of approving new Hits & Misses. Movement Monk abilities are under discussion. They are looking at a new set of Fighters abilities. They intend next to go through the 7.0 Rulebook page by page to revise.

 

SSC REPORT: The SSC continues to refine the Bluebook for new SAS in class specializations

 

TECH COMMITTEE: Jones updated the Society website with a link to the IFGS Discord channel. He also assigned roles to Society Officers on the Discord Channel.

 

GENERAL PROMOTIONS: Nothing to report.

Olan Knight arrived.

REGISTRY: Nothing reported. Gott is sending IFGS files for backup to Registry.

 

CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW TASK FORCE: Nothing to report.

 

CHAPTER LIAISON UPDATES:  Central Ohio Provisional Chapter ran one game and has two games scheduled.

 

Hugh and Melanie Greene arrived.

 

SOCIETY SAFETY OFFICER: Brad Evenson is taking over as Society Safety Officer, with Dave Ellis remaining on the Safety Committee. Evenson will be contacting all of the Chapter Safety Chairs.

MOTION: To appoint Brad Evenson as Society Safety Officer while retaining Dave Ellis as a member of the Society Safety Committee (Knight, Spence, 6-0-1, Evenson abstaining).

 

OHIO RIVER VALLEY PROVISIONAL CHAPTER: A group from southwestern Ohio has gathered 10 members and held an organizational meeting, and is petitioning to revive the Ohio River Valley Chapter. They discussed the Standard Chapter Constitution, and asked to make two changes to it, to require Chapter Safety Officers to be CPR/First Aid certified, and to allow electronic voting.

 

The Board suggested that they put the Safety Officer CPR/First Aid status as recommendation in their chapter policy, not a requirement in their constitution.

 

MOTION: To grant the Ohio River Valley Chapter Provisional status, along with permission to adapt the Standard Chapter Constitution template by changing Article VII, Section 2: Method of Voting to allow the use of a secure electronic voting service (Jones, Evenson, 7-0-0). 

 

Congratulations to ORV for their provisional status!

Hope Fountain says they are interested in receiving some convention games to run at area conventions, which other Chapters immediately offered to provide. She says there are a lot of other LARPs in the area, and people from the region are used to coming to Cincinnati for games.

 

MILESTONE AWARDS: Greene wants clarification on how to allocate Milestone Awards for multiple game writers. The Registry Handbook says in one place that there can only be two recognized game writers, and speaks of more than two elsewhere. Knight will come up with a clarification and bring it to the Board.

 

MOTION: To go into closed executive session (Spence, Gibson, by acclaim). The Board was in closed session from 9:07 to 9:27.

MOTION: To appoint to appoint a Special Committee consisting of Hugh Greene, Sarah Gibson, and Brad Evenson as Chair to investigate the banning of an IFGS member (Spence, Knight, 7-0-0).

 

CHAPTER LIAISON TO THE ORV CHAPTER:

MOTION: To appoint Olan Knight as Society Board liaison to the Ohio River Valley Provisional Chapter (Spence, Evenson, by acclaim).

 

NEXT MEETING: The next IFGS Board Meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 18th. Times for the meeting are 5 pm Pacific, 6 pm MST, 7 pm CST, and 8 pm EST. The meeting will be held on Discord. The meeting was adjourned at 9:36 pm EST.

 

      ******************************************************

      ******************************************************

 

CHAPTER LIAISONS

Dallas – Evenson

Denver/Boulder – Spence

Norman - Spence

Pacific Northwest – Jones

Northern Alabama - Gibson

 

Provisionals:

Greater Milwaukee - Greene

Central Ohio – Spence

Ohio River Valley - Knight

 

   ******************************************************

PROJECT LIST

 

Completed Tasks

Society-level electronic voting - Completed

Society Waiver Forms - Completed

Stoplight Policy – Completed

Milestone & Karma Awards - Completed

Business Cards – Available on Vistaprint

Updating Society Website to WordPress - Completed

 

In Process Tasks

Updating Governing Documents – In process with Society Task Force

Updated Committee Charters – In process with Society Task Force

 

On Hold

Character Creation System

Expand and Revise Wiki (Possibly incorporating online rules.)

Sci-Fi Rules

 

Not Started

Updating GW Handbook–

Streamlining the payment processes between Society and Chapters –

Treasury Tracking –

Shared Calendar on Website –

Creation of a Treasury Handbook –

Membership Tracking –

Link Exchanges –

Research for 8.0 Rules Set –

 

   ********************

Society Board Members

John Jones (TX) (2019) [Pres]

Sarah Gibson (TX) (2020) [VP]

Pat McGehearty (TX) (2020)

Brad Evenson (CO) (2020)

Olan Knight (TX) (2019)

Hugh Greene (AL) (2019)

David Spence (TX) (2019)

 

****

Fantasy Rules Committee (FRC)

David Spence (TX) (2019) [Chair]

Henry Wood (TX) (2020) [Vice Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO) (2019)

Hugh Greene (TX) (2019)

Seth Bush (TX) (2020)

David Gibson (TX) (2020)

Michael Englerth (CO) (2020)

Joshua Harris (TX) (2019) ad hoc temporary

 

Society Sanctioning Committee (SSC)

John Jones (TX) (2020) [Chair]

Seth Bush (TX) (2019)

Olan Knight (TX) (2020)

Kaaren Davis (CO) (2019)

Melanie Greene (AL) (2019)

 

General Promotions Committee (SGP)

Sarah Gibson [Chair]

Jason Dziuk (2015)

open (2014)

open (2014)

 

Publications Committee

Members all informal appointments -

 

Elections Committee

Chris Seals (TX)

Jason Dsiuk (TX)

Janice Gott (OH)

 

Registry Chair

Olan Knight (TX)

 

Tech Committee

Brett Paul (CO) Interim Chair

Robert Armstrong (TX) [potential Chair]

John Jones (TX)

Bethany Vann (OK)

Sarah Gibson (TX)

Open

 

Safety Committee

Brad Evenson (CO) [Society Safety Officer]

David Ellis (CO)

 

Constitutional Review Task Force

Hugh Greene (AL) [Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO)

Ray Michel (CO)

Christopher Seals (TX)

 

 

 

Janice
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.64 [Free Express Edition]
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz