FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Joint Bargame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Beth Magness

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote beth.magness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Joint Bargame
    Posted: 16 April 2007 at 12:00am
So this was an idea I had a little while back - I think it could be really cool if enough chapters went along.

Write a nationally sanctioned bargame (I can do this, or anyone else, it should be very simple).

The premise of the bargame is as follows.

There is an extraplanar tavern, accessible from all of the various game worlds the chapters play in.  (This also explains how characters move from one game world to another - they take the portal to this tavern).

Proposed name for the tavern "The North Star", because no matter where you are in the multiverse, if you travel north looking for a place to get a drink, you'll end up here.

At this tavern, there is one NPC who is always present.  Call him/her "The Bard".  The job of the bard is to collect stories from the PCs present.  Whoever is playing "the bard" should record these stories.  Then we have a section of the national website where the stories get posted.  This serves two functions - one, people interested in IFGS (and current members) can read these stories and learn more about what IFGS is.  Two - the next person to play the bard, possibly in a different chapter, should read some of these stories ahead of time, so that they can be shared in character with the next PCs to visit the tavern.

So is this something that other chapters would be interested in going along with?
Spencer View Drop Down
Society Fantasy Rules Committee
Society Fantasy Rules Committee
Spencer Corbin Lawson

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 12:00am
I think this is a fantasic idea!
Spencer Corbin Lawson - PNW Member"It looks like they used the tried and true combat tactic of hiding behind the MU." Camille Graves
PNWJill View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote PNWJill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 12:00am
That sounds like a really fun idea, actually. :)
"""The god of the cannibals will be a cannibal, of the crusaders a crusader, and of the merchants a merchant."" -emerson"
Billco View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Bill Cowern

Post Options Post Options   Quote Billco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 12:00am

Beth, I do like this idea.  I was wondering if it had to be tied to a specific Tavern though.  It could just be a recurring character (The Bard), who is mysterious and appears different in different places (perhaps a master of disguise).  That way the character and everything it represents (obtaining stories, disseminating stories, giving out lore before games) could occur in ANY bargame that ran in any chapter.

Of course there is no reason why we also couldn't have a pre-sanctioned (in the game bank) bargame that has "The Bard" as a fundamental character.  That way chapters that need a bargame with something more than koolaid in it can dust it off and run it at leisure.  Whatcha think?
Bill Cowern
 Post Reply Post Reply