IFGS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Society Discussion > Society Board Discussion
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Society Board Meeting 4/11/18

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
Janice Gott View Drop Down
Society Clerk
Society Clerk
Avatar
Society Clerk

Joined: 05 January 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 396
Post Options Post Options   Quote Janice Gott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Society Board Meeting 4/11/18
    Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:59am

IFGS BOARD MEETING MINUTES

4/11/18

Draft for Release

Wherein the size of the FRC has been increased to seven members, and new members Michael Englerth and Henry Wood were added to the committee. Discord is now operative as an IFGS meeting place.

The 4/11/18 Society Board Meeting was called to order at 8:10 p.m. Eastern Time, via Discord. Present were Board Members Brad Evenson, David Spence, Hugh Greene, Olan Knight, Pat McGehearty and Sarah Gibson. John Jones arrived late. Gibson chaired the meeting until his arrival. Northern Alabama member Melanie Greene was also present.

 

STANDING BUSINESS:

 

MINUTES: MOTION: To approve the minutes of the 3/20/18 Board Meeting (Knight, McGehearty, passed 6-0-0).

 

FRC REPORT: The FRC discussed changes to the Cleric Class. They interviewed two potential new FRC members, Michael Englerth and Henry Wood. They re-approved FRC members Seth Bush and David Gibson. They requested expanding the FRC to seven members to include the two renewing members and adding the two new members.

MOTION: To expand the Fantasy Rules Committee to seven members Evenson, Knight, 6-0-0).

MOTION: To reappoint Seth Bush and David Gibson to the FRC, and add Michael Englerth and Henry Wood, all with terms ending March 31, 2020 (Spence, Knight, 6-0-0).

 

REGISTRY: Nothing to report.

 

TECH COMMITTEE: Discord is now being used as the primary meeting tool. They are waiting on final configurations and approval from President Jones before taking it Society-wide.

 

Jones arrived, and took over as chair.

SSC REPORT: The SSC has not yet scheduled a meeting. No new volunteers have stepped forward for SSC positions. Knight and Jones have positions expiring; they have volunteered to remain on the committee. There have not been any additional applicants.

GENERAL PROMOTIONS: Nothing to report.

CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW TASK FORCE: They are scheduling another meeting, no activity since the last report.

 

CHAPTER LIAISON UPDATES:  Milwaukee Chapter is scheduling a meeting. They received a large number of games from David Spence and Sarah Gibson. Dallas is running games. No news from Denver.

 

NEXT MEETING: The next IFGS Board Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 9th. Times for the meeting are 5 pm Pacific, 6 pm MST, 7 pm CST, and 8 pm EST. The meeting will be held on Discord.

 

      ******************************************************

      ******************************************************

 

CHAPTER LIAISONS

Dallas – Evenson

Denver/Boulder – Spence

Norman - Spence

Pacific Northwest – Jones

Northern Alabama - Gibson

 

Provisionals:

Greater Milwaukee - Greene

Central Ohio - Spence

 

   ******************************************************

PROJECT LIST

 

Completed Tasks

Society-level electronic voting - Completed

Society Waiver Forms - Completed

Stoplight Policy – Completed

Milestone & Karma Awards - Completed

Business Cards – Available on Vistaprint

Updating Society Website to WordPress - Completed

 

In Process Tasks

Updating Governing Documents – In process with Society Task Force

Updated Committee Charters – In process with Society Task Force

 

On Hold

Character Creation System

Expand and Revise Wiki (Possibly incorporating online rules.) –

 

Not Started

Updating GW Handbook–

Streamlining the payment processes between Society and Chapters –

Treasury Tracking –

Shared Calendar on Website –

Creation of a Treasury Handbook –

Membership Tracking –

Link Exchanges –

Research for 8.0 Rules Set –

 

   ********************

Society Board Members

John Jones (TX) (2019) [Pres]

Sarah Gibson (TX) (2020) [VP]

Pat McGehearty (TX) (2020)

Brad Evenson (CO) (2020)

Olan Knight (TX) (2019)

Hugh Greene (AL) (2019)

David Spence (TX) (2019)

 

****

Fantasy Rules Committee (FRC)

David Spence (TX) (2019) [Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO) (2019)

Hugh Greene (TX) (2019)

Seth Bush (TX) (2020)

David Gibson (TX) (2020)

Michael Englerth (CO) (2020)

Henry Wood (TX) (2020)

Joshua Harris (TX) (2019) ad hoc temporary

 

Society Sanctioning Committee (SSC)

John Jones (TX) (2018) [Chair]

Seth Bush (TX) (2019)

Olan Knight (TX) (2018)

Kaaren Davis (CO) (2019)

Melanie Greene (AL) (2019)

 

General Promotions Committee (SGP)

Sarah Gibson [Chair]

Jason Dziuk (2015)

open (2014)

open (2014)

 

Publications Committee

Members all informal appointments -

 

Elections Committee

Chris Seals (TX)

Jason Dsiuk (TX)

Janice Gott (OH)

 

Registry Chair

Olan Knight (TX)

 

Tech Committee

Brett Paul (CO) Interim Chair

Robert Armstrong (TX) [potential Chair]

Bethany Vann (OK)

Sarah Gibson (TX)

Open

 

Constitutional Review Task Force

Hugh Greene (AL) [Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO)

Ray Michel (CO)

Christopher Seals (TX)

 

 

Janice
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.64 [Free Express Edition]
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz