IFGS Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Society Discussion > Society Board Discussion
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Society Board Meeting 1-17-18

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
Janice Gott View Drop Down
Society Clerk
Society Clerk
Avatar
Society Clerk

Joined: 05 January 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 396
Post Options Post Options   Quote Janice Gott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Society Board Meeting 1-17-18
    Posted: 12 January 2018 at 10:10pm

Agenda for the Society Annual Membership Meeting 1/17/18


The IFGS Society Annual Membership Meeting is set for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018. Times for the meeting are 5:00 pm Pacific, 6:00 pm Mountain, 7:00 pm Central, and 8:00 pm Eastern.  Please submit any proposed agenda items in advance if possible. Board members must address any notice of proxy assignments to Board@ifgs.org prior to the start of the meeting. Only one proxy will be allowed per director per meeting.


The Board consists of John Jones (P),
Sarah Gibson (VP), Pat McGehearty, Brad Evenson, Olan Knight, Hugh Greene and David Spence.

 

Agenda Items:

 

Old Board:

Approval of last meeting’s minutes 12/13/17

Seating of the new Board – No changes in Board members!

 

New Board:

Election of Officers:

Election of President

Election of Vice President

Election of Treasurer – currently Ray Michel

Election of Corporate Secretary and Registered Agent – currently Bret Halford

 

Standing Business:

Report from FRC

Report from SSC

Report from Registry Chair – Call for Administrative CAP

Report from Tech Committee

Report from General Promotions Committee

Report from Society Constitutional Review Task Force

Chapter Liaison Updates

 

Continuing Business:

SoCal Chapter Dissolution

SciFi Rules Committee

LARP Box – Melanie Greene

 

New Business:

Committee Appointments coming up in March

                                                   

Meeting Dial-In:  Skype Account - 720.259.1667 or i_f_g_s

 

    ******************************************************************

 

      ******************************************************

CHAPTER LIAISONS

Dallas – Evenson

Denver/Boulder – Spence

Norman - Spence

Pacific Northwest – Jones

Northern Alabama - Gibson

 

Provisionals:

Central Ohio - Spence

Greater Milwaukee - Greene

Southern California – Knight

 

   ******************************************************

Completed Tasks

Society-level electronic voting - Completed

Society Waiver Forms - Completed

Stoplight Policy – Completed

Milestone & Karma Awards - Completed

Business Cards – Available on Vistaprint

Updating Society Website to WordPress - Completed

 

In Process Tasks

Updating Governing Documents – In process with Society Task Force

Updated Committee Charters – In process with Society Task Force

 

On Hold

Character Creation System

Expand and Revise Wiki (Possibly incorporating online rules.) –

 

Not Started

Updating GW Handbook–

Streamlining the payment processes between Society and Chapters –

Treasury Tracking –

Shared Calendar on Website –

Creation of a Treasury Handbook –

Membership Tracking –

Link Exchanges –

Research for 8.0 Rules Set –

 

   ********************

Society Board Members

John Jones (TX) (2019) [Pres]

Sarah Gibson (TX) (2020) [VP]

Pat McGehearty (TX) (2020)

Brad Evenson (CO) (2020)

Olan Knight (TX) (2019)

Hugh Greene (AL) (2019)

David Spence (TX) (2019)

 

   ********************

Fantasy Rules Committee (FRC)

David Spence (TX) (2019) [Acting Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO) (2019)

Hugh Greene (TX) (2019)

Seth Bush (TX) (2018)

David Gibson (TX) (2018)

Joshua Harris (TX) (2019) ad hoc temporary

 

Society Sanctioning Committee (SSC)

John Jones (TX) (2018) [Chair]

Seth Bush (TX) (2019)

Olan Knight (TX) (2018)

Kaaren Davis (CO) (2019)

Melanie Greene (AL) (2019)

 

General Promotions Committee (SGP)

Sarah Gibson [Chair]

Jason Dziuk (2015)

open (2014)

open (2014)

 

Publications Committee

Members all informal appointments -

 

Elections Committee

Chris Seals [Chair]

Jason Dziuk

Janice Gott

 

Registry Chair

Olan Knight (TX)

 

Tech Committee

Robert Armbruster (TX) [Chair]

Bethany Vann (OK) (2016)

Sarah Gibson (TX)

Open (2015)

Open (2016)

 

Constitutional Review Task Force

Hugh Greene (AL) [Chair]

Brad Evenson

Ray Michel

 

 

 

Janice
Back to Top
Janice Gott View Drop Down
Society Clerk
Society Clerk
Avatar
Society Clerk

Joined: 05 January 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 396
Post Options Post Options   Quote Janice Gott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 10:07pm

IFGS ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES

1/17/18

Draft for Release

Wherein the new Board was seated, with no change in members from last year. The FRC is about to release Druids, and will work on Knights next. Society Registry is waiting on Admin CAP reports and registry backups from Chapter Registry Chairs. Brett Paul is re-appointed as Tech Committee Chair. The Southern California Provisional Chapter is dissolved. Committee Chairs are reminded to notify the membership of expiring terms on March 31st, and call for volunteers for those positions.

The 1/1/18 Society Annual Membership Meeting was called to order at 8:12 p.m. Eastern Time. Present were Board Members John Jones, Brad Evenson, Olan Knight, Pat McGehearty, David Spence, Hugh Greene and Sarah Gibson. Members Zach Lee, Megan Hamilton, and Melanie Greene were present.

 

STANDING BUSINESS:

 

MINUTES: MOTION: To approve the minutes of the 12/13/17 Board Meeting (Spence, McGehearty, passed by acclaim).

 

SEATING OF OFFICERS:
MOTION: To appoint John Jones as President (Knight, Spence, passed 6-0-1, with Jones abstaining).
MOTION: To appoint Sarah Gibson as Vice President (McGehearty, Knight, passed 7-0).
MOTION: To appoint Ray Michel as Treasurer (Spence, Greene, passed 7-0).
MOTION: To appoint Bret Halford as Corporate Secretary (Knight, Spence, passed 7-0).
 

FRC REPORT: The FRC has completed the draft of updates to the Druid class. Clean-up and final editing is in progress prior to publication for playtest, pending approval by the FRC. The next class up for review will be Knights.

The FRC Chair has received suggestions for additional class specializations from the membership. The FRC will review these submissions once the draft for knights is complete.
Olan Knight posed a question to the FRC regarding subdual rules. The FRC plans to perform a chapter-by-chapter review and update of the rules, and will address subdual rules at that time.
Jones will write up a proposal for rules regarding wards and magic circles and submit it to the FRC.

 

SSC REPORT: No SSC meeting since the last report.

REGISTRY: No chapter database backups received.
Society Registry has not received admin CAP reports from chapter Registry Chairs.

 

TECH COMMITTEE: Brett Paul has indicated that he is willing to be reinstated to the committee in the interim.
MOTION: To reappoint Brett Paul to the position of Tech Chair (Knight, Evenson, passed by acclaim).

 

Paul reports that he has done some spam cleanup; the forum upgrade was not successful, but he has created a script for some automated spam removal.
The Board discussed removing the forum entirely. Jones took an action item to discuss this with Brett and move forward with closing out the forums if he agrees.

 

GENERAL PROMOTIONS: No new activity since last meeting. GPC Chair  Gibson is interested in establishing an IFGS presence on Twitter or other social media platforms and proposes polling the membership on preferred platforms.

 

CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW TASK FORCE: Due to technical issues, Greene required contact info for members of the Task Force. (Brad Evenson, Ray Michel, Chris Seals) This info will be provided. The TF will begin a fresh review of the Constitution and bylaws with plans to have any proposed changes ready for review by September.

 

CHAPTER LIAISON UPDATES:  Greene has an update from Greater Milwaukee: Rian says they're trying to be active, but membership and resource issues have presented difficulties. The chapter will contact the Society Board with updates.

 

CONTINUING BUSINESS

 

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER DISSOLUTION:

MOTION: To dissolve the Southern California Provisional Chapter, effective January 17, 2018. Any remaining accounts or properties are no longer associated with the International Fantasy Gaming Society, and are the sole responsibility of the former officers of the dissolved chapter (Knight, Spence, passed 7-0).

 

SCIFI RULES COMMITTEE: No report.

 

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY/CREATIVE COMMONS: No activity.

 

NEW BUSINESS

 

UPCOMING COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS: Committee Chairs are reminded to notify the membership of expiring terms and call for volunteers for those positions.

 

NEXT MEETING: The next IFGS Board Meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 20th. Times for the meeting are 5 pm Pacific, 6 pm MST, 7 pm CST, and 8 pm EST. The meeting will be held on Skype at i_f_g_s or 720.259.1667. The meeting was adjourned at 8:58 pm EST.

 

      ******************************************************

      ******************************************************

 

CHAPTER LIAISONS

Dallas – Evenson

Denver/Boulder – Spence

Norman - Spence

Pacific Northwest – Jones

Northern Alabama - Gibson

 

Provisionals:

Greater Milwaukee - Greene

Central Ohio - Spence

 

   ******************************************************

PROJECT LIST

 

Completed Tasks

Society-level electronic voting - Completed

Society Waiver Forms - Completed

Stoplight Policy – Completed

Milestone & Karma Awards - Completed

Business Cards – Available on Vistaprint

Updating Society Website to WordPress - Completed

 

In Process Tasks

Updating Governing Documents – In process with Society Task Force

Updated Committee Charters – In process with Society Task Force

 

On Hold

Character Creation System

Expand and Revise Wiki (Possibly incorporating online rules.) –

 

Not Started

Updating GW Handbook–

Streamlining the payment processes between Society and Chapters –

Treasury Tracking –

Shared Calendar on Website –

Creation of a Treasury Handbook –

Membership Tracking –

Link Exchanges –

Research for 8.0 Rules Set –

 

   ********************

Society Board Members

John Jones (TX) (2019) [Pres]

Sarah Gibson (TX) (2020) [VP]

Pat McGehearty (TX) (2020)

Brad Evenson (CO) (2020)

Olan Knight (TX) (2019)

Hugh Greene (AL) (2019)

David Spence (TX) (2019)

 

****

Fantasy Rules Committee (FRC)

David Spence (TX) (2019) [Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO) (2019)

Hugh Greene (TX) (2019)

Seth Bush (TX) (2018)

David Gibson (TX) (2018)

Joshua Harris (TX) (2019) ad hoc temporary

 

Society Sanctioning Committee (SSC)

John Jones (TX) (2018) [Chair]

Seth Bush (TX) (2019)

Olan Knight (TX) (2018)

Kaaren Davis (CO) (2019)

Melanie Greene (AL) (2019)

 

General Promotions Committee (SGP)

Sarah Gibson [Chair]

Jason Dziuk (2015)

open (2014)

open (2014)

 

Publications Committee

Members all informal appointments -

 

Elections Committee

Chris Seals (TX)

Jason Dsiuk (TX)

Janice Gott (OH)

 

Registry Chair

Olan Knight (TX)

 

Tech Committee

Brett Paul (CO) Interim Chair

Robert Armstrong (TX) [potential Chair]

Bethany Vann (OK)

Sarah Gibson (TX)

Open

 

Constitutional Review Task Force

Hugh Greene (AL) [Chair]

Brad Evenson (CO)

Ray Michel (CO)

Christopher Seals (TX)

 

 

 

Janice
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.64 [Free Express Edition]
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz