Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brain-jammer #9 (Duelist)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brain-jammer #9 (Duelist)
    Posted: 13 August 2012 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Malrubius

Who did this before...I think it was a full Necro class or something tho. Anyway.

One I haven't seen:

Hurled Strike: 8th: Duelist can throw the weapon they are currently holding inflicting their current handheld melee damage with that weapon. Weapon is unusable until the end of combat after being hurled.
So you're less likely to Hurl you +3 Blade of Death Reaving but no reason you couldn't pick up a downed NPC weapon and Hurl it through a Wall of Fire or the like. 15ft range.

Nice, we should have had that right away!  range sounds perfect.  Would you have them through a bean bag or have it a called auto hit?  

If it was bean bag I would think that there would be no limit on uses per day, While if it was a called hit it would be limited to per day uses. Each is a neat idea, which would you suggest man?
Malrubius View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Jonas Bailey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Malrubius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 11:42am
Originally posted by wader

Originally posted by Malrubius

Who did this before...I think it was a full Necro class or something tho. Anyway.

One I haven't seen:

Hurled Strike: 8th: Duelist can throw the weapon they are currently holding inflicting their current handheld melee damage with that weapon. Weapon is unusable until the end of combat after being hurled.
So you're less likely to Hurl you +3 Blade of Death Reaving but no reason you couldn't pick up a downed NPC weapon and Hurl it through a Wall of Fire or the like. 15ft range.

Nice, we should have had that right away!  range sounds perfect.  Would you have them through a bean bag or have it a called auto hit?  

If it was bean bag I would think that there would be no limit on uses per day, While if it was a called hit it would be limited to per day uses. Each is a neat idea, which would you suggest man?

Autohit was my idea. If it's a beanbag then...it's a beanbag, not really any different than Thieves getting Fighter base damage on thrown weapons. Tho that's pretty duelist\swashbuckely as well.
Also of course part of the flavor is the temporary sacrifice of the weapon they are using. No reason they couldn't Hurl their off-hand parrying dagger tho.

Hobbes: "What kind of nut would *care* about all this?"Calvin: "*EVERYONE!* This is hard data! It lets you quantify your enjoyment!"
Malrubius View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Jonas Bailey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Malrubius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 12:07pm
The Duelist is the one-on-one Fighter, yes?

So in addition to Wathit there could be a number of other one-on-one\tournament type SAS.

Spot Weakness: 6th. After studying the target for 15 seconds the Duelist reduces the targets armor value by half their level.

Variations would be to reduce their base armor, striking only the weak points so the opponent gets only +x items, e-spells, etc.

This one is harder mechanically since you have to notify your target that their armor is reduced with respect to the Duelist. So you could also do:

Rend Armor: 9th. The Duelist damages the targets armor, reducing whatever armor value the target has by half the level of the Duelist. Slicing off straps and plates and what have you.

Analyze Style: 8th. After studying the target for 15 seconds the Duelist reduces the damage they take from that target by half. By observing their timing and combat methods the Duelist is able to anticipate their opponents moves and reduce the damage they take from them.

Duelist also seems like a reasonable group to give No Defense Blow to, tho I'm not a fan of giving out class distinct SAS to other classes in general, this is an easy fit.
Hobbes: "What kind of nut would *care* about all this?"Calvin: "*EVERYONE!* This is hard data! It lets you quantify your enjoyment!"
wader View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 3:12pm
I figure Duelist gets "Sorrowful Smile" instead of No defense, comparable to No defense but different so the class has its own flavor. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12