Forum Home Forum Home > Chapter News and Notes > Denver/Boulder Chapter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2012 SEASON

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jwcolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 SEASON
    Posted: 20 November 2011 at 5:08pm
April 15th:

Weapons Making Seminar
                 If you want to make a weapon or just make weapons this is the class for you.
  The Seminar will be held in Lafayette when you register you'll be given the Address/directions
cost of the Weapons is: 15.00 for a sword, 10.00 for a staff/spear. for other types of weapons that you may wish, cost will be discussed when you register.

What you will need to bring is a good pair of scissors, or a sharp Razor knife, and a Ruler/yardstick. All other materials will be provided for making the basic weapons.
To sign up Contact Brad Evenson at Paladin659@aol.com or call 303-403-4898 You must register by April 8th so I can acquire the appropriate materials for the weapons.

April 29th

Price of Knowledge

A game by william haddon, mike paxton and brandon slaten

We aren't looking for mercenaries, we are looking for heroes.

In cooperation with the Denver Boulder Chapter of the I.F.G.S.

A Serious Heroic Fantasy Line Game

Run Date: April 29th 2012.

For 5 PCs level 3-5 (total 20 levels) or

For 5 PCs level 1-3 (10 levels)

Using 7.0 edition rules

Players may not bring in replacements for deceased characters.  Fate Point rule will be allowed as the sole method of out-of-game resurrection

Special Rules:  Resting, Monk Unarmed Weaponry, Undead Turn Resistance, Item Properties, Phys Reps.  Ask the Producer if you have questions about any of these special rules.

Magic Rating: E

This game is In Sanctioning

Estimated sanctioned hours:  1.5 hours

June  23 and 24th

Price of Hope

a line course by William Haddon and Mike Paxton.

One way or another, the end is coming.

After the events at the Vineyards only a few short months ago, there is finally a path to follow. The greatest heroes of LoST discovered the key to finally ending the Sybiosis threat: the re-unification of the mind and body of the Prolian warrior, Maldraedior. Lord Reliquas, an agent of the crown, was the one destined to seek out Maldraedior. Supposedly, he did.

Sent to the strange plane of Kelevra, Reliquas has disappeared, and his companions are missing, even the Prolian Refutation Xeras who should have translated back to Prol upon her death. At first, it seemed obvious that LoST’s greatest heroes would be needed again.

But there was a hitch.

Kelevra is a plane that actively suppresses the talents and magic of powerful individuals. It can cripple those of significant strength or magic, and it was determined that sending these legends might lead to whatever dread fate Reliquas suffered.

There are other heroes, just as great. Heroes who have fought for Peace, sought Knowledge, and earned Glory. Perhaps their names are not yet written in the stars, but they will be, and soon. Or we are all doomed.

They are the future. They are the way.

But will their very lives be the Price of Hope?

An I.F.G.S. Game for the 7.0 rules edition.

In cooperation with the Denver/Boulder Chapter of the I.F.G.S.

A Serious Dark Heroic Game

Run Date: June 23rd and 24th

PC Fee: $125 per team

For 5 PCs 2-4

th level (no more than 20 total levels).

th level characters will be marginally affected by Kelevra’s power-suppression properties.

Players may use the Fate Point Option if killed

Special Rules: Undead Turn Resistance, Item Properties, Mind Affecting Spells, Phys Reps, Resting, Coup de Grace, Monk Unarmed Weaponry, Continuity Conversion. Ask the Producer if you have questions about any of these special rules.

Sanctioned Hours: 8 Hours

Tentative Ratings: Fighting: 7 Physical: 6 Mental: 7 Risk: 7

August 11-12th

Maison de Lumière

An I.F.G.S. Game for the 7.0 rules edition.

a line course game by Jonathan Wisner.

In cooperation with the Denver Boulder Chapter of the I.F.G.S.

A Serious Heroic Line Game

Run Date: August 11th, and 12th
                                                               1 day game run twice
                                                           Location: Pickle Gulch

For 4 players levels 1-3 (8 Max)

Players may bring in replacements for deceased characters.  No cloning or other special character rules apply.

Special Rules: There are events and abilities in game which can steal life/ability points, pursuit rules are in effect

Encounters:  Challenges may not be bypassed except when ordered by the safety officer. For example: if in an encounter it requires a character to hop across a log they must physically do so, unless the safety officer says otherwise

Sanctioning Status – Sanctioned Pending Production

Estimated Sanctioned Hours:  6 Hours

Fighting: 5       Physical: 5       Mental: 6         Risk: 4

NPC, STAFF, and Player spots still available  please contact Jonathan ( jwcolo@hotmail.com) if interested

Edited by jwcolo - 04 December 2013 at 12:08pm
Faren druid 7, Respite Cleric level 4 Cleric of Hypnos God of sleep

D/B Board Member
Cedric View Drop Down
Society Sanctioning Committee

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 8:06pm
Also if you have any thoughts/ideas for the season, please let us know!

Mike
zombietaint View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote zombietaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2012 at 10:04pm
Hey guys im Jacob and was wondering wat it takes to get into larping i have been looking it up and realy want to start. i have been wishing someone would create something like this then i found you guys. I would like to know any basic information and the necesary items

thanks
whaddon View Drop Down
Society Fantasy Rules Committee
William Haddon

Post Options Post Options   Quote whaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 9:03pm
Hi Jacob!  This thread isn't really the right place to answer you, but I'll start another one called "Starting IFGS" and you can read it there, ok?
If IFGS could just get rid of the games so it could focus on sustaining its own bureaucracy... we would finally be living the Dream.
Malrubius View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Jonas Bailey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Malrubius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 2:24pm
I'm going to be in town the 3rd weekend in July and a few days on either side. It does not look like anything is running that weekend Cry  but maybe I'm wrong or maybe there is a Weapons Practice around those dates somewhere? Maybe? 
Hobbes: "What kind of nut would *care* about all this?"Calvin: "*EVERYONE!* This is hard data! It lets you quantify your enjoyment!"
whaddon View Drop Down
William Haddon

Post Options Post Options   Quote whaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 2:33pm
There is a game the 15th of July.  And then another two weeks after that.  I assume you fall into the gap?
If IFGS could just get rid of the games so it could focus on sustaining its own bureaucracy... we would finally be living the Dream.
Malrubius View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Jonas Bailey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Malrubius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 2:47pm
Yah, the 21st\22nd. Sad for me. :(
Hobbes: "What kind of nut would *care* about all this?"Calvin: "*EVERYONE!* This is hard data! It lets you quantify your enjoyment!"
whaddon View Drop Down
William Haddon

Post Options Post Options   Quote whaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 3:45pm
Yeah, if you could manage to stay until the 28th, we promise you a game you will not forget.
Cedric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 8:46am
Team practice for UP that weekend?   Come help us smack down the players. ;)
Malrubius View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Jonas Bailey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Malrubius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by whaddon

Yeah, if you could manage to stay until the 28th, we promise you a game you will not forget.

I never forget a game. : |

Except for.....no, it's gone now. ;)

I would srsly considering changing my vacation dates if it wasn't kinda short notice. I'd LOVE to be there for the final Price game! Double particularly if I got an\any NPC fighting role. :)

Well if there are team practices or weapons practices that (2nd\3rd) week\weekend (of July) I'd totes love to stop by.
Cedric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 1:09pm
You want a fighting NPC role?  I can make sure you have some kickass fighting NPC roles. :)
Spencer View Drop Down
Spencer Corbin Lawson

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Cedric

You want a fighting NPC role?  I can make sure you have some kickass fighting NPC roles. :)

Don't listen to him, Price games never have any fighting in them, you would be so bored! LOL
Spencer Corbin Lawson - PNW Member"It looks like they used the tried and true combat tactic of hiding behind the MU." Camille Graves
brandon_ifgs View Drop Down
D/B Board and SC Member
D/B Board and SC Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote brandon_ifgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 2:37pm
I *suppose* that if Mike asked really nicely I could put you into fighting NPC Roles.  Wink

Seriously though, it would be great to see you, and have you at the game.

Brandon Slaten
DB Sanctioning - DB Awards
Malrubius View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Jonas Bailey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Malrubius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2012 at 10:48am
I'd so so love to, but I'll be out the week prior, not the week of. Happy to help teams\NPCs practice, etc tho. Big smile

It's true Spencer, never very much fighting in them. I was just watching some of the PoV Moon Temple vidz on Youtube and that was just a 30 minute "Listen the nice NPCs talk amongst themselves" time-waster. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply