FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weapon's Practice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weapon's Practice
    Posted: 29 March 2011 at 7:19pm

Hey all!!

On April 23rd from 3pm-6pm at Gabriel Park on the corner of SW 37th and SW Nevada we will be having our first weapon's practice and discussion of our first game (maybe start forming teams).

If you have any questions please email me at C19lizards@gmail.com
I have the Characters everyone wants to kill.
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 12:39pm
We have scheduled our next two Weapon's Practices!  They will be:

Weapon’s Practice - May 10th 6pm-8:30pm @ Johnson Creek Park (Sellwood) Corner of SE 21st and SE Clatsop

Weapon’s Practice – May 22nd 2pm-4pm @ Columbia Park (North Portland) Corner of N. Chautauqua Blvd and N. Winchell St

Zbornin View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zbornin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 6:34am
Had a blast at the first weapons practice! Met lots of new people and got to chat a lot about IFGS and ideas for characters (and kingdoms, races, etc.). And even had an idea come up that could get Fiora involved. Big smile
Thank you!
"Fear not my mares o' the night, for tethered shall I keep them from thy slumber."
Zbornin View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zbornin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 1:37am
How did the weapons making day go this Sunday (yesterday)? Sorry I could not make it, but I have to work Sunday night and thus sleep Sunday day.
"Fear not my mares o' the night, for tethered shall I keep them from thy slumber."
Dalgreth View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalgreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 10:40am
Hello all, I have decided to post here as I did not spot an introduction thread. I happened across your guys' game as I was browsing the net. I come from another larp Legacies, and am interested in finding an outfit near home to attend between my monthly outing to Olympia. I am from the portland area (far west side) and would love to come out and meet some of you and see what ifgs is all about. Looking at what is posted, I was wondering if you normally meet on sundays and teusdays, my work schedule is sat thru teus. But like I said I am very interested.
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:33pm
Hey!

It is AWESOME to hear from other Larpers!   We are not set on Tuesday and Saturdays.   With everyone's schedule over the place we usually have our board set weapon's practice at times that seem to fit most people's schedule and the next upcoming game.   For the month of June we can definitely try to schedule something that is more accommodating for your schedule.  Just let me know dates that work best for you.

Also,  Thanks for the suggest for an introductions thread.  We just moved to this new forum from our old dieing forum so some things are still a work in progress. 

Lastly,  What parts of the westside do you live?   My husband and I like in Aloha and have a handful of friends in those parts so we could have an informal gathering where we beat on each other with foam and we can start to explain the system some to ya. 

Okay, this really is the last thing...  check out shaglarp.com  they are another larp group here in Portland that our members and there members intermingle.  They are a multi-system group that in general does much less boff where as IFGS is one system (we have our own rule set) and there is plenty of boff. They have a game May 28th that I don't think it hasn't any boff but is a FutureScrape game (so steampunk - future themed).

Dalgreth View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalgreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:53pm
I am in the Tigard area, Legacies is a boffer larp and we use mainly latex weapons and realisticish armor. At the moment my days off are wend-fri though that may be changing in a few weeks. I would be up for comming out to any get together or event small or large for some boffing and hang out time.
Dalgreth View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalgreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:58pm
Also as an aside, does this group commonly garb up or are they mostly plain clothed these days? I was actually referred by a co-worker who has not been able to make a game for some time from the sound of it so what he was telling me may be a bit out dated.
Dalgreth View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalgreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 2:01pm
Not being able to edit my comments is making this messy and I do appologize, but my days off just got changed to thurs fri sat off!
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 2:20pm
This is totally tangential and a shot in the dark but was that coworker's name Cameron?   

Edited by Camille - 09 May 2011 at 2:21pm
Dalgreth View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalgreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 2:33pm
Yup!
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 2:45pm
Mahahaha!  I know where you work!  My husband worked there too.  He HATED it. I am sure you and him can share stories ;) 
Dalgreth View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalgreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 2:49pm
hehe absolutely, though I just got a pretty sweet promotion today so im feeling better about it =)
Dalgreth View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalgreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 2:50pm
how long ago did your husband work there?
NicoleCL View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Publications Chair

Post Options Post Options   Quote NicoleCL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:23am
Hey all -

We will be scheduling one weeknight and one weekend practice for the month of June.  Any requests - times that work better, or days that are really bad due to work conflicts?
Nicole Corbin Lawson PNW Sewist and Smiter
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dalgreth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:34am
my days off are thurs fri saturday, other days I will be aff work by 7:30pm
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:59pm
Bumb...   Reminder there is WP this weekend!
 Post Reply Post Reply