FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good review of the 7.0 rules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Publications Chair

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote NicoleCL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good review of the 7.0 rules
    Posted: 25 February 2011 at 4:14pm
I completely stole this from Michele Losinger on the Pubcom Board, but it's too cool not to  re-post:

<snip>
Ran across this comment about the 7.0 rules, and thought I'd share it. Enjoy!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4484819

"Quote:
2. I see you had to find out what IFGS was about by purchasing the rules. What do you think?

I'm very impressed. LARPing is something I kinda poked fun at for the longest time. I've seen the videos... you know... "MAGIC MISSILE - MAGIC MISSILE - MAGIC MISSILE!" while the guy is throwing bean bags and laughed. But we see the same goofy videos for RPGs too so I shouldn't have been shocked to find out that there are some very sophisticated and neat rule systems out there. The IFGS Fantasy Rules (7th Edition) book is fantastically laid out, lots of great pics and the rules feel very familiar to me as an old school D&D player. I'm super glad I picked up the rulebook (Amazon - US$18) even if I never play. I'm gaining some valuable information from reading it and finding it very enjoyable."
<snip>

Nicole Corbin Lawson PNW Sewist and Smiter