FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sanctioning Committee Roll Call and Schedule

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Publications Chair

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote NicoleCL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sanctioning Committee Roll Call and Schedule
    Posted: 22 February 2011 at 5:38pm
Hello, this is your SC Dean speaking.

I welcome all faculty, TAs and students of IFGS U to the new season. Clap

Let's begin with our class schedule.  As always, we need to schedule our games for a time when we have as few conflicts as possible.  And, having a busy membership, we always have a lot of events.

So, let's get cracking!  What dates this season (March - October) are you NOT available, or is there an event that will conflict with a lot of our members? What dates would be GREAT for a game or event?

Here's what I know so far:

March 26/27 - Gamestorm; we will possibly be running a convention game

April 24 - Easter; usually a conflict for a lot of our members

May 1 - Beltane; usually a conflict for a lot of our members

May 8 - Mother's Day; ditto

May 14 - Oregon Humane Society Doggie Dash.  I will be captaining an IFGS team, and I expect to see lots of animal loving foam swingers there!

June 25-July 3 - doesn't work for me and Spencer; I have family in town.

August ? - There is likely to be an IFGS 30th Anniversary event in Colorado.  We want to support this and send players/staff

August 13/14 - Not good for me, Spencer and a number of other members

September 3/4 - Portland Pirate Festival

September 10/11 - Shrewsbury Renaissance Faire

What else have y'all got?

Nicole Corbin Lawson PNW Sewist and Smiter
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote baronopal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 5:50pm
Erich and Loriann here...

Our schedule is complicated this season because we are getting ready to break ground on the build of a new house.  We bought 3 acres here in Salem and are building a geodesic dome with a tower attached (would you have expected anything typical from us?).  We're excited, but know that it'll cramp our style a bit.  And all-y'all are always invited to come down and see it going up.  We'll have a huge party once it's done.

However, we're super-excited about joining in the fun this season and have offered to run at least one game down here in Salem, so here are our totally out dates:
Sundays through end-of-May - we're teaching Sunday School now

The weekend of the get-together in Denver - hoping to get out for that.

Other than that, we're pretty open.

Edited by baronopal - 22 February 2011 at 5:50pm
Erich and LA
NicoleCL View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Publications Chair

Post Options Post Options   Quote NicoleCL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 4:03pm

At the last Board meeting, we talked about shooting for a novice-friendly season.

Some games in consideration - Tomb of the Goblin Slayer, Eagle's Talon 1 and 2, and Piper on the Hill.  We could potentially do some or all of them.

We are also considering doing a convention game at Gamestorm if we can get enough participants - there is another thread for that.

Thoughts?  I know Camille and LA have both offered to act as GPs this season.
Society Fantasy Rules Committee
Spencer Corbin Lawson

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 9:00am
I think concentrating on newbie friendly low sanctioning/production stress season is exactly what we need.  PNW must find more members so we can flourish.
Spencer Corbin Lawson - PNW Member"It looks like they used the tried and true combat tactic of hiding behind the MU." Camille Graves
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 11:58am
These are my busy dates:

April 8-9th Nathan and I should be on our Honeymoon (FINALLY...)
April 15-17 - my Aunt is in town
June 11-12 - Back in Colorado for Sister's wedding ceremony

Last week of October or the 1st week of November I am tentatively scheduled too.

We may have some endurance races splashed in there but we can plan those around IFGS.

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
I have the Characters everyone wants to kill.
Magness View Drop Down
Society Board Member
Society Board Member
Society Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Magness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 12:58pm

I think concentrating on newbie friendly low sanctioning/production...

Wisconsin has been doing this for the past couple of years.  If you want any scripts just let me know.  Nearly all of them are 4 hours games intended for teams of four and total staff of five.  So nine people and a park is all you need.
Moonglum Dracaro - Fighter 7, Bartok - Druid 5, Simon of Bath - Cleric 4, Marquis Stabe - Thief 3, Ki-Adi Vanthree - Monk 2, CathaĆ­r - Ranger 1
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 10:10pm
 YEs Please!!   I have already seen some of Beth's games and I really like them for Newb games.  So if you could send those my way I will start planning out production.   Thanks

Sari View Drop Down
IFGS Chapter President
IFGS Chapter President

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 1:36pm
Got this all done, only to get booted! Dang!

Here's what I have for Clan Peterson thus far.  Or should I say, for Ron & I - I have no idea what the girls are up to!

First of all, Ron is on nights through the end of May. This means he gets off work at 3 AM Saturday mornings.  Saturday afternoons or Sundays are what he will be available for during that time.

That said, here goes.  In many cases, I am the only one already booked, and I have made notes accordingly.  These are the dates we are NOT available.

April 1/2 & 16/17 Sari only

May 1 & 8 are not good for us, either. However, we have worked around them in the past.

May 14/15 AMEC Annual Party @ Sunriver

May 16/22 staying on @ Sunriver for Vacation

June 18 - Tsagaglalal Tour

June 25/26 Sari only Black Sheep Gathering (tentative)

July 9 Ron's b-day & BBQ

July 30/31 Sari only Sock Summit

August 13/14 heading north

September - in addition to Shrew & the Pirate Festival...
24/25 Sari only OFFF (probably Simi, also)

October 24-30 Vacation

November (yes, November!) 13/14 Sari only VHS Retreat

In addition, I will be teaching some Saturday mornings. Dates to be determined.

That's all I have for now.  I will double check the other calendar sand update as needed.

Sari

"You become responsible, forever, for that which you have tamed. ~~~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery"
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 11:19am
If  I could get someone to help me convert Boone or Bane to 7.0 then I would like to suggest running it May 21st or June 4th.    I would like to have 5 NPCs and 1-2 GMs (if possible).  I suggest this because Badidea ended up getting mentioned during Gamestorm and if we manage to recruit it would be nice for them to have a connection.  

So who all would be willing to help if I was to run a game May 21st or June 4th? 

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Spencer View Drop Down
Spencer Corbin Lawson

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 11:43am
I can help with the update.
Spencer Corbin Lawson - PNW Member"It looks like they used the tried and true combat tactic of hiding behind the MU." Camille Graves
NicoleCL View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Publications Chair

Post Options Post Options   Quote NicoleCL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 7:11pm
I will be quite happy to help with Boone or Bane.