FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boffers meet Non-Boffers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boffers meet Non-Boffers
    Posted: 09 February 2011 at 7:35pm

Hey all,

So I have become involved with another larp group here in Portland who really like the idea of IFGS adventures and how we run our line courses (they mostly do room games)  but most of them are not into the boff.  So I was thinking of coming up with an alternative style of play where we can have boff teams and non-boff teams  running through our games.   Before I begin re-inventing the wheel I wanted to see if anyone else has thought of this or tried something like this before.  OR does anyone have any thoughts on this in general. 

Thanks,  

~Camille  (yes.... I'm back!) 

I have the Characters everyone wants to kill.
brandon_ifgs View Drop Down
D/B Board and SC Member
D/B Board and SC Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote brandon_ifgs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2011 at 8:43am
Camille,

Welcome back!

So you are essentially looking for a combat resolution mechanic to replace boffer combat?

Or are you looking to incorporate their existing mechanic into a line course?
Brandon Slaten
DB Sanctioning - DB Awards
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2011 at 1:59pm

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="ifofjsCall==''jsCall;elsesetTimeout'jsCall',500;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Both essentially.  I would like to replace the boffer combat for folks who don't like boffering.  They have some systems that I am thinking of adapting...  But I wanted to check to see if one didn't already exist.

I have the Characters everyone wants to kill.
Magness View Drop Down
Society Board Member
Society Board Member
Society Treasurer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Magness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 6:17am
Interesting.  Various chapters have incorporated and/or partnered with other game systems over the years.  The main issue is if they are wanting to run under the IFGS insurance and/or registry.  That gets a little trickier, but we can take a look.  Feel free to shoot me an email.
Moonglum Dracaro - Fighter 7, Bartok - Druid 5, Simon of Bath - Cleric 4, Marquis Stabe - Thief 3, Ki-Adi Vanthree - Monk 2, CathaĆ­r - Ranger 1
whaddon View Drop Down
Society Fantasy Rules Committee
Society Fantasy Rules Committee
William Haddon

Post Options Post Options   Quote whaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 8:35am
Well, I have a system written that is actually meant to be IFGS for boffer fighters.  It isn't integrated, its just for boffers... but if you want it, let me know.

w haddon at gmail dot com.
If IFGS could just get rid of the games so it could focus on sustaining its own bureaucracy... we would finally be living the Dream.
 Post Reply Post Reply