Forum Home Forum Home > General > Off Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sad news About Dave Vinson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Society Board Member
Society Board Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Paladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad news About Dave Vinson
    Posted: 13 October 2010 at 4:36pm
I'm sorry to have to inform people that David Vinson took his own life yesterday. I will publish further information as it becomes available.
Seth View Drop Down
D/B Board and SC Member
D/B Board and SC Member

Seth Magle

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:45pm
David was a good friend for many years, and the man who recruited me into the IFGS.  I don't have any words to describe the kind of person he was, but this is a horrible, terrible loss.

I will probably try to write a more fitting memorial at some point in the future when I can come to terms with this.

Edited by Seth - 13 October 2010 at 7:54pm
I also have characters! They have classes and levels.
Michelle View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Michelle Lonsinger

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:30am
A former Colorado IFGSer, now in Portland, is a professional counselor and has offered to talk to any of us who want support or information. If you'd like contact info, please send me a PM.
Michelle Lonsinger
DB Chapter
Camille View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Camille Graves

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2010 at 8:56am
David did a lot for the Grand Junction Crew back when we all first started.  He was one of the many people who put a lot of energy into us and the reason we stuck around to play.  (This includes him driving all the way to Grand Junction to run small scenarios so we all new how to play our classes for our first game we PCed.)   There are a few people I would contribute to why I am with IFGS now and he is one of those people.  He will be missed greatly!
I have the Characters everyone wants to kill.
veli View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote veli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2010 at 8:39pm
A Memorial Service held at Montview Boulevard Presbyterian Church for David Vinson today, October 16, 2010. His brother Eric Vinson flew in from Pennsylvania.  A number of IFGS members were in attendance.
A small photo tribute will be at the Awards /Room Game on October 24th, in Boulder.  A Melee should come out this next week with a little more information.  If you have any photos of interest, please send them to me.
Dan Frazier
Praise Moradin
Marissa View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts
SoCo Sanctioning

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 5:31pm
I was so horribly devestated by this news. I loved David so much and I cant believe he is gone.  Try to remember the good times.

Edited by Marissa - 29 October 2010 at 10:43pm
Marissa
-Anything in Moderation-
Seth View Drop Down
D/B Board and SC Member
D/B Board and SC Member

Seth Magle

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 10:15am

Hi all,

I’m considering writing a tribute game for David.  I’ll freely admit that it’s a bit of an odd way to remember someone, but I think he would appreciate the sentiment.  I may use elements of the character histories of his characters, and perhaps of his never-sanctioned game, ‘Nori’.

What do you think?  Is this appropriate?  If it is, does anyone have ideas, or want to help?

-Seth

I also have characters! They have classes and levels.
Michelle View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Michelle Lonsinger

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 8:28pm
I think it's an excellent idea, and would love to see portions of his game used. I can't think of a better way to honor and remember a fallen LARPer.
Michelle Lonsinger
DB Chapter
Malrubius View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Jonas Bailey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Malrubius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 4:16pm
I agree w. Michelle, who phrased it better than I could manage. 
Hobbes: "What kind of nut would *care* about all this?"Calvin: "*EVERYONE!* This is hard data! It lets you quantify your enjoyment!"
 Post Reply Post Reply