Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finding Sites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Kye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding Sites
    Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:00am
As we come into spring/summer, our small little prov chapter is getting things rolling again, including a game on the 15th. However, now, we've run into a problem that we would like advice on.

How do other chapters go about finding decent sites for a game?

I know some of the larger chapters have pretty much standardized areas to run games at. Even SE-WI did with Richard Bong Nature Preserve and our indoor print shop site. But, before these became standard, what did you do? Any advice would be helpful, especially on finding a potential indoor site for when the cold returns.
"Drace Clawfang- Thief 6, Link-Ranger 4, Yasuki Toshiro-Mage 2, Kye O'Malley-Monk 2"
Spencer View Drop Down
Society Fantasy Rules Committee
Society Fantasy Rules Committee
Spencer Corbin Lawson

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:00am
I cannot speak to indoor sites, since I have never been successful in that area.

Out door can either be tricky or easy.

If you city does not require permits for organizations like ours to use city parks then scope parks.  Make sure to go to the park regularly for a few weeks to see where the heavy public usage is and the plan your course around those area.  If there are permits nessicary they shouldn't be too much but may add $5 to the participant fee.

Private land is another matter, for us smaller chapters with 20-30 participants any land fee becomes a huge burden on the budget.  Again this is something that I have not found a way around.
Spencer Corbin Lawson - PNW Member"It looks like they used the tried and true combat tactic of hiding behind the MU." Camille Graves
Tim Falcon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Brett Paul - Registry Online

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 12:00am
A while ago, Peter Sartucci wrote a guide for finding game sites. You might try to reach him, though I don't think he regularly reads this board.
- Brett
Society Tech member, and OrcSports player.
Kye View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 12:00am
We've been running in public parks so far, but,  there have been issues with having to break a fight every minute to allow cyclists/pedestrians through. Alot of other public parks we scoped out didn't have accessible toilets. Not even port-o-johns, D:
"Drace Clawfang- Thief 6, Link-Ranger 4, Yasuki Toshiro-Mage 2, Kye O'Malley-Monk 2"
 Post Reply Post Reply