Forum Home Forum Home > Chapter News and Notes > Ohio Regional Chapter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"paper paper whose got the paper?!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
No Posts
No Posts

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wyrmwrath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "paper paper whose got the paper?!"
    Posted: 04 October 2002 at 12:00am
so...anyone willing to raise a hande and admit to having inherited the Colombus chapter registry files?!?!?!

Edited by wyrmwrath - 04 October 2007 at 5:16pm
Laquetus View Drop Down
IFGS Forum Member
IFGS Forum Member
Scott Phelps

Post Options Post Options   Quote Laquetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2002 at 12:00am
To my knowledge, the last members that were active (and may know about any records) in Central Ohio were:

Gary Pancost
Joshua Imboden
Brian O'Coon
Wade Bigham

When Central Ohio was disbanded, Wade and Joshua started a new provisional chapter (Ohio River Valley) which has since become Ohio Regional chapter. 

However, I haven't seen Joshua or Wade at an event in 5+ years.  Gary passed away.  No idea what Brian is doing these days.
"I have characters- they play MMOs instead of IFGS..."
wbingham View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote wbingham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 12:00am

Hello all....been a long time since I've checked in on IFGS stuff.  Got curious and figured I'd check things out again and ran across this post.

As far as the old Central Ohio registry is concerned, it was pretty much lost way back when we first started Ohio River Valley.  I took 8 months putting together what I could from past records and data, but we were really only able to recover about 20% of the records at most and that was mostly from piecing together data from whenever old Central Ohio members would show up to an ORV event.  (So it was mostly honor system with as much research as we could muster to validate things).

Unfortunately we were never really able to get ORV running much.  We did manage a few bar games and recruitment games, as well as putting on a few events at the Origins convention a few years in a row.  I still have most of the old ORV paper records and could probably pull together a registry database from them if someone needs one.  I'm not sure if Scribe 2.0 is still the standard or if IFGS finally made any progress on an updated version or National registry or not.

Anyone who has any questions regarding the old ORV can feel free to e-mail me and I'll do my best to get all the answers I can back to you.  You can e-mail me at wbingham@wbbpro.com
BarryL View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote BarryL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2010 at 12:00am
Long time no hear from my IFGS pals.  I keep hoping that IFGS will take off again here in Ohio, I didn't even know there WAS a new chapter at the time.   If there is ever a new game, let me know, I'd be interesting in playing/helping, when I am in the state... I am an OTR truckdriver.
Stark View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 7:38am

Hey guys.

I haven't heard from most of you in probably 15 years.  I still have many fond memories of playing in the old Central Ohio chapter.  How has everyone been?

I just moved to Boulder and am thinking of getting the band back together, so to speak.  Does anybody know what happened to the old character records from the Central Ohio game?

-Mike Lehman

Edited by Stark - 31 August 2010 at 7:38am
Rathnar View Drop Down
No Posts
No Posts

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rathnar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 12:31am
I am getting the house ready to sell and came across some things owned by ORV. As well as some weapons, I may find more. Contact me to get them.
Janice Gott View Drop Down
Society Clerk
Society Clerk
Society Clerk

Post Options Post Options   Quote Janice Gott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:38am
I am living in Cincinnati now, and am willing to take any ORV stuff you don't want and eventually pass it to Colorado (probably next July when my sister drives out to visit).  If another chapter wants it instead (such as the new Greater Milwaukee Chapter), they can figure out how to get it from me.
Janice
Bret Halford View Drop Down
D/B Board and SC Member
D/B Board and SC Member

Corporate Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bret Halford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 3:44pm
I'd be happy to acquire any paper records for the IFGS Archives.

Character Records
Game Copies
Newsletters
etc.

Cheers,
-bret

Bret Halford - DB Secretary - Archivist -    Wundurfli Wel Dun - TH?, Thywilbe Dun CL, Wee Huntum Dun KN
 Post Reply Post Reply